With good organization and this planner you can make a great Christmas dinner party just two weeks in advance!
TWO WEEKS BEFORE
- Take a look at your tablecloth. Is it big enough? Is it stained? Do you have enough napkins?
- Do you have enough plates, glasses and cutlery?
- Make a playlist of (Christmas) music.
- Clean your candleholders. Place it in the freezer for a couple of hours and the wax will peel or crumble easily.
- Check your cookbooks, food journal or the internet and decide on your menu. Check if you have enough pots, pans and baking tins.
- Check with your guests about diet restrictions.
- Buy all the groceries that won’t spoil.
- Fill in your basic pantry with things such as matches, coffee creamer, aluminium foil and dish washing liquid.
- Buy alcoholic drinks, juices and soft drinks and skip the busy shops later.
- Buy items with Christmas motifs such as napkins or candles. Now they are widely available and later nowhere to be found.
1-2 DAYS IN ADVANCE
- Check that your wineglasses are clean and otherwise wash them and dry them with a lint-free cloth.
- Make copies of the recipes and put them in a folder in the order they need to be made.
- Clean the coat closet and make space for the jackets of your guests.
- Cool the white wine and bring the red wine to room temperature.
- Organize and vacuum your house and clean the toilet.
- Buy fresh groceries.
- Buy flowers for the dining table.
- Have a to-do list close by (what goes in the pan or oven and when).
- Set the table and chairs and set the places on the table.
- Give yourself two hours in advance to prepare and relax before your guests arrive.