According to etiquette, this is how you dress a table:
– The plates are placed from large to small at a distance of approximate two fingers from the edge of the table.
– The bread plate with a butter knife is placed at the top left of the place setting.
– Glasses are placed at the top right of the place setting. On the left, the glass for water and on the right the wine glasses.
– The flatware is used from the outside in the order of the courses. The forks are placed at the left of the place setting and the knives and spoons to the right of the place setting.
– The spoon and fork for the dessert are placed at the top center of the place setting.